According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS), by the year 2018 accounting employment is projected to increase by 22%, which means accounting recruitment will hold steady even when employment in other sectors declines. Moreover, these figures show that accountants who hold a CPA enjoy better job opportunities. As an accountant you are responsible for preparing well-time financial statements, and applying accounting principles so as to carry out accounting audits.
In order to help you in your job search, we provide you with an accountant resume sample. Try to use it as a template and then customize it with your own information.
A-20 Anand Vihar Stadium Road,
Home (0581) 2301088
Accounting position with a CPA firm.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong accounting knowledge and background.
• Detail oriented and efficient
• Strong analytical ability
• Proficient in Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Microsoft Office, Lotus, Class, and Peachtree Accounting.
Accountant, 2006 to Present
Ocker & Associates, Indianapolis, Indiana
Assisted the Director of Accounting with accounts receivable.
Prepared bi-weekly payroll journal entries, reconciled general ledger of accounts with Director of Accounts on a monthly basis, and annually assisted with year-end budget preparation.
Accounting Intern, 2001 – 2005
John Merill & Associates, Taylor, Indiana
Dealt with accounts payable procedures, direct billing, control accounting, etc.
Analyzed employee sales, prepared W-2’s.
B.S., Accounting, 2001
Indiana University, Bloomington, IA
Undergraduate Accolades & Involvements
Graduated suma cum laude.
Vice-President, IU Economics Society
A-20 Anand Vihar
243122 (309) 697 – 144
Looking for an accountant position where I can apply my professional experience and communication skills with chief executives officers (CEO).
Caterpillar Inc. Peoria, Illinois. 2010 – Present.
- Developed, and maintained all aspects of business accountancy, data processing and marketing of company.
- Worked on financial budgeting and foreign-exchange dealings.
YASH Technologies. East Moline, Illinois. 2007 – 2009.
Accounts Payable Clerk:
- Applied a new software program that increased department productivity and reduced errors by 30%.
- Provided excellent customer service on a consistent basis which ensured customer value.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Nov 2006
Illinois State University, Illinois.