Accountants manage and regulate financial accounts. They have to verify if the clients have spent more money than usual, or if they have enough money to save or invest in something. If it were not for accountants, business owners would have a hard time keeping up with the company’s costs. Accountant managers act as financial advisors. They set the appropriate budget for the company, evaluate tax advantages and disadvantages, indicate if the company is in the verge of bankruptcy, and give advice stating what it is the most proper step to take next in regard to financial matters.
They usually work in an office and sometimes, if it is possible, at home. They usually work forty hours a week. It is not considered a job that demands people to work overtime but that doesn’t mean that there are cases where accountants had to work more than the stated forty hours. Employers are in the lookout for an outstanding Accounting Manager Resume. An average accountant manager’s salary is $59,430.
17 West State St.
Allentown, PA 18103
Home (717) 555-9204
A challenging and rewarding position as a public accountant.
Summary of Accomplishments
• Fundamental accounting knowledge.
• Efficient, detail-oriented, highly organized
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficient in Axapta, ONYX (CRM database), QuickBooks, ADP PC/Payroll for Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Great Plains, FileMaker Pro, Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker, PowerPoint, Macintosh OS, PC, Windows 95/98/XP.
2006 – Present Accountant Manpower, Inc Allentown, PA
Responsible for monthly billing totaling $7M. Produced monthly aging, open invoices, sales and revenue recognition reports. Responsible for payroll processing for over 500 employees including timesheets, payroll reports, and set up for new employees on the ADP payroll system. Collaborated with the Accounting department to update the general ledgers, journal entries submissions and Axapta accounting program. Streamlined complicated pricing and billing process to improve efficiency by 23%. Maintained accurate and comprehensive contracts database for over 1000 clients.
2001 – 2006 Staff Accountant Hertzel Properties Philadelphia, PA
Provided bookkeeping/accounting for real estate management and real estate development. Managed up to 20 bank accounts, performed bank reconciliations, generated cash management reports, posted to the general journal and general ledger, A/P, A/R, created chart of accounts, generated P&L reports, Balance Sheets, and Excel spreadsheets and managed payroll. Cut checks, created bills, and produced open A/R reports.
1999 – 2002 Bookkeeper R.B. Fabrication Hazelton, PA
Updated and maintained accounts payable and receivable. Upgraded system from manual to Quick Books and Excel database. Prepared monthly financial statements and payroll.
University of Richmond, Richmond, VA
B.A., Accounting, Minor, Psychology 1999
Available upon request.
Tipton, Kansas 67485
To become a successful accountant manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a concise manner.
- Great bookkeeping skills.
- Can handle a lot of information at once.
- Can work with any operating system.
2007 to Present- Chief Accounting Manager Mentx, Inc, TN.
– Monitored both unrestricted and restricted expenditures, supervised attendance records as well as the employees’ payrolls, calculated the costs of various projects, provided good financial advices to the respective owner of the business, provided the services of a treasurer.
2003-2007 Accountant Manager Hampleton, TN.
– Has acted proactively in a difficult financial situation by reducing the risks and eliminating expenses that would have otherwise summed up to the business’s total costs, handled payrolls, examined and wrote reports, verified that all business finances have complied with the law.
2001-2003 Accountant Colltran, TN
– Issued payrolls, controlled deposit funds, redacted financial reports, organized account statements.
– University of Virginia
Bachelor in Accounting, 2001
Master in Risk Management, 2004.