Statistics is a professional field with a basis in mathematics; it is used to predict future effects that may occur in the work industry. A statistician must have an extensive knowledge about computer programs.
The education required to become a statistician is a bachelor’s degree in statistics or mathematics as a minimum. A higher degree is always advisable because it allows the professional to develop a successful career and get better job positions inside an institution.
Statisticians are required by private and public institution; they receive a salary that is a little beyond average. The conditions of the job are good but specialists expect a slow growth of required statisticians for the labor market.
A statistician resume sample is a document that contains all professional information and education of the applicant, it is recommended to double check your resume before it is delivered to potential employers.
802 Reddint St.
Dallas, TX 75218
(808) 555 – 8293
A challenging position as a statistician in which I can fully utilize and further develop the professional skills that I have acquired in my ten years of applied research.
Summary of Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of multivariate calculus; linear algebra; probability; and statistics.
- Ability to perform rate-making or reserving analysis.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Familiar with Windows, UNIX, DOS, and other systems.
- Extensive software knowledge: SAS, STATA, SPSS, SPLUS, Excel, and others.
Statistician, 2002 – Present
Biogen Industries, Dallas, TX
Design and analysis of phase II and III clinical trials. Activities on trial and project level in cross-functional teams with members on both sides of the Atlantic. Planning of large-scale long-term trial. Analysis programming in SAS.
Statistician Assistant, 1997 – 2002
University of Texas, Austin, TX
Performed statistical analyses required for two extramurally funded projects concerning mentally ill offenders and consumers of community mental health and drug treatment services. Duties included statistical analyses, coding and derivation of variables, and preparation of reports and presentations.
B.A., Economics & Statistics, 1997
University of Texas, Austin, Texas
3172 Cedar Lane
Newton, MA 02160
A leadership position as a Statistician to lead a team in a renowned companyEDUCATION: Boston College; Newton, MA
PhD. in Statistical Sciences (May 2004)
Hebrew College; Newton, MA
Bachelor of Science in Statistics (May 1999)SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in marketing and sales.
- Teamwork skills and extensive leadership abilities.
- Expertise in research projects.
Corellian Engineering Corporation; Newton, MA. Jan. 2008 – Present
- Predicted market situations and helped the company increase its production in a 70%.
- Managed all information statistics.
- Supervised all groups of statisticians.
Leeding Engines Ltd.; Newton, MA. Feb. 2004 – Dec. 2007
- Predicted market situation and helped the company increase its production in a 30%.
- Managed teams of consultants and evaluated statistical data analysis.
Available upon request.