Teaching is a hard but rewarding job. It is the type of job in which one can deal with all kind of people and all ages. A teacher is responsible for all tasks that are pertinent to a class or course. Teachers design classes, present grade reports and talk with parents. A teacher also has to guide students in their personal growth.
To obtain a job as a teacher, you must attend college and obtain a bachelor’s degree. It is advisable to obtain a master’s degree to expand your possibilities of getting a better job. Employers are searching for teachers who are dynamic, patient, confident, and have an utter love for knowledge. In overall, teachers must have a strong personality.
A teacher resume sample must reflect not only the experience but your passion for teaching and leading young people in life.
629 South Andover St.
Toledo, OH 43606
(612) 555 – 0275
Position as an English teacher.
Ohio Secondary Certificate in English, December 2004
English Teacher, 2004 – Present
Oak Park High School, Toledo, OH
- Taught American Literature & Writing Composition to 9th – 12th graders.
- Organized cooperative learning activities.
- Implemented portfolio grading system in literature classes.
- Incorporated new texts into standard curriculum.
- Tutored students seeking additional guidance with course work.
- Assessed student performance throughout the term.
- Conducted individual student conferences.
- Chaperoned field trips and school dances.
Student Teacher, 2003 – 2004
Urbana High School, Athens, OH
- Taught American Literature to a diverse group of students.
- Implemented creative curricula utilizing outcome-based education & alternative assessments.
- Wrote and taught dynamic lesson plans.
- Tutored students after school and chaperoned field trips.
- Assisted with student government activities.
Speech & Debate, Theatre, Track & Field. I welcome the opportunity to coach extracurricular activities.
B.A., English, 2003
Ohio University, Athens, OH
4236 Heron Way
Aloha, OR 97007
Home (503)8487170OBJECTIVE :
A teaching position in an elementary school in Aloha, OR.PROFILE :
An energetic person with great expectations on an education career specialized in English. Dedicated to provide the best care to children age 6 – 12 years old.EXPERIENCE :
Klimpys Elementary School, Aloha, OR. 2009 – 2010
- Temporary Teaching Placement
- Temporary teacher for a class of 11 year old kids.
- Prepared English classes and assignments.
- Reviewed and corrected homework.
- Provided special attention to each student.
Roxxon Elementary School, Aloha, OR. 2008 – 2009
- Teaching Assistant.
- Assisted the teaching staff by preparing lessons.
- Corrected assignments.
- Assisted to many tutoring courses.
University of Boston, Boston MA 2003 – 2007
B.A. degree in Elementary Education, Graduated with Honors
- French – Basic level
- Norwegian – Advanced level
- Windows Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of CMS, management of websites.