An admissions representative works for colleges, schools, universities or institutes. They have two main functions:
1) Contact potential students and/or their parents and encourage them to follow their studies in the institution where they work.
2) Help students who have decided to study in the respective institutions. They help with aspects like: class registration, scholarships, schedules, etc.
Most institutions require people who have interpersonal and persuasive skills, as well as experience in finances and sales. There is not a degree for this type of work but a bachelor’s degree in your Admissions representative resume is required by most institutions.
The salary of an admissions representative is around 30 to 40 thousand dollars per year. It depends on where you work; public institutions and big private schools are the ones that pay the most.
610 Golf Course Rd.
Columbus, GA 31902
A position as an admissions representative at a leading university.
2006 – Present
Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA
Responsible for recruitment for the university. Inform and assist prospective students and their parents about academic programs and admissions requirements. Schedule on-campus and off-campus visits and events. Answer letters of inquiry from prospective students. Travel extensively throughout the region to represent GSU at recruitment functions at high schools and community colleges. Assist in writing and design of student newsletters and recruitment materials.
2003 – 2006
Director of Public Relations
Joy of Sports Foundation, Washington D.C.
Drafted extensive written correspondence to donors, supportors, and members of the organizational board. Developed contacts in the sporting world to help the foundation further its mission. Responsible for writing foundation newsletter, scheduling and attending all foundation meetings and functions, and maintaining the foundation’s public presence.
2003 B.A. Communications
Emory University, Oxford, GA
2628 Hidden Valley Rd
La Jolla, CA
To work in your institution. I am positive that my administrative and communication skills and the prestige of the institution will be strong tolls to get to new students.
- Certificate in Marketing, 2009 National University.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Finance, 2007 National University.
- Knowledge about accountings and financial aspects.
- More than 5 years experience in the education field working directly with students.
- Capable to develop strategies to attract people.
- Outgoing person, capable to persuade clients.
- Grammar, spoken and written knowledge of Spanish in an advance level.
- Grammar, spoken and written knowledge of Italian in an intermediate level.
- Admission Representative at The Arts institute, San Diego (2009-Present).
- Admission Representative at the College Connection, San Diego (2007-2009).