An Advertising Executive works in an advertising agency, overseeing the actions done by the employees in charge of an account, in order to elaborate an ad campaign according to the client’s requests. They work as a liaison between the agency and the client. The main function of the advertising executive is to make sure that the campaign communicates what the client wants to express and to study the effectiveness of the campaign itself.
To become an advertising executive, it is necessary to have at least, a bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or in any related field such as communications. Nevertheless, experience is a must. It is very difficult to start your advertising career as an executive without having any experience or major accomplishments to include in your advertising executive resume.
The average salary of an advertising executive is around US$80,000 per year; however, they also have bonuses and commissions for each successful campaign. On the other hand, it is an unstable profession because if you lose an account, you can get fired.
1783 East 17th St.
Dallas, TX 75227
Advertising agent for challenging accounts.
Summary of Experience
- Opened and retained million dollar accounts.
- Developed brand positioning for key company product lines.
- Developed proposals and submitted bids.
- Maintained extensive, nationwide network of business contacts.
- Irving’s Steakhouses
- Reader’s Digest
Advertising Executive 2005 – Present
Dallas Weekly Publications, Dallas, TX.
Sold advertising space to a diverse group of clients and built content for three publications. Monitored and provided constructive suggestions for increasing magazine’s circulation and standing in the market. Built lasting relationships with important community advertisers, which resulted in measurable revenue growth.
Advertising Sales Coordinator 2000 – 2005
Tri Star Media, Austin, TX
Supported the sales process by seeking out potential business opportunities and staying up-to-date on industry information. Researched contact, product, and general information on prospective advertisers. Served as primary contact for clients and advertising agencies on requests and inquires regarding schedules, invoices, pricing, etc. Managed customer account database and maintained client contracts and files. Interacted with multiple departments including Production, Credit, Accounting and Marketing. Conducted ongoing monitoring of competitor’s brands. Managed territory forecasting, revenue, and prospect reports. Monitored, tracked and managed positioning reports. Prepared and maintained sales and marketing materials for sales team.
Project Manager 1999 (Contract Position)
Ambrosino Muir & Hansen (Political Advertising Agency), Washington, D.C.
Scheduled and managed art work, web and offset printers, mailing houses and freight companies to insure on-time delivery of political print material for National and State-wide political campaigns. Responsible for proof reading all political literature. Responsible for getting cost-analysis of print and freight.
B.A., Business & Communications, 1999
University of Texas, Austin, Texas
Address: 584 Federal Rd, Brookfield, CT
Phone number: (203) 875-7547
To develop a solid career as an advertising executive professional. To achieve this thanks to the skills in advertising and promotional gained in previous work experiences.
- More than 10 years experience in advertising.
- Trained in marketing and communications.
- Due to a wide knowledge in advertising techniques, capable to design new advertising activities.
- Capable to work under pressure and achieve the goals before deadline.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Capable to understand the client’s idea in a short period of time.
- Possess excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Master of Business Administration with a Marketing Concentration at Keller Graduate School of Management in 2006.
- Bachelor of Science in Management in the University of Phoenix in 1997.
- Marketing Degree Program at Naugatuck Valley College in 1990.
1. Post: Advertising Executive
Organization: Akings Marketing & Design. New London, Connecticut
Duration: July 2005 – Until date
2. Post: Advertising Executive.
Organization: 5 Corners Advertising. Hartford, Connecticut.
Duration: July 2001 – June 2005.
3. Post: Trainee Advertising Executive.
Organization: Gianella Design & Illustration. Hartford, Connecticut.
Duration: September 1999 – June 2001.
4. Post: Trainee Advertising Executive.
Organization: Magee Marketing & Communications. Hartford, Connecticut.
Duration: November 1996 – August 1999.