A distribution manager leads all the procedures that involve a process of sales and shipping. A wide experience is required for the position as well as a bachelor’s degree in distribution management.
The main function of a distribution manager is to direct the transportation of goods inside a sales’ company. This means that he/she has to make arrangements for the proper distribution of goods, processes, and employees in a specific time. They also verify that the goods are in proper conditions to ensure the clients’ satisfaction.
The average salary of a distribution manager is of $73,050 per year, including benefits.
To make an effective distribution manager resume, you have to keep in mind that the employers are searching for someone that has great leadership and managerial skills; so, be sure to write down such abilities. It is also important to consider getting a master’s degree in distribution management or business administration that will help you to get a higher and better job position in a company.
1910 W. Pearl St.
Baltimore, MD 21274
A challenging position in Inventory Management with a successful and growing company.
Over ten years of successful experience in all phases of inventory management, including management of regional distribution managers, shipping, receiving, budgets, and inventory.
Director of Supply and Distribution, 2005 – Present
Datron Manufacturing – New York, NY
Eastern Regional Distribution Manager, 2003 – 2005
SONY- New York, NY
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, and training a staff of up to 10 senior distribution managers from Sony warehouses in the eastern region of the country.
- Worked directly with top company executives on streamlining budget and optimizing shipping procedures through a partnership with Fed-Ex.
Distribution Manager, 1999 – 2003
Food Lion Distribution Center – Greencastle, PA
- Responsible for the management of the day-to-day warehouse operations and inventory control for a large distribution center.
- Additional duties involved a warehouse automation initiative and dealing with general outbound freight logistics.
B.A., Business, 1997 Penn State University, State College, P
Lois S. Jewell
2263 Wolf Pen Road
Mountain View, CA 94041
To achieve a position in Inventory Management to apply all the experience acquired in previous jobs.
- Seven years of successful experience in inventory and distribution management.
- Ability to lead employees and manage distribution procedures.
Eastern Regional Distribution Manager, 2008 – Present
Extensive Enterprise. San Diego, CA
- Responsible for all the distribution activities inside the company.
Director of Supply and Distribution, 2005 – 2008
Osato Chemicals. New York, NY
- Responsible for a staff of 15 junior distribution managers. Hired, trained and created different ways to motivate employees.
- Worked directly with the top executives of three companies on managing budgets and optimizing shipping procedures.
Distribution Manager, 2003 – 2005
Wayne Enterprises Distribution Center. Rohnert Park, CA
- Responsible for the inventory control and shipping operations of a distribution center.
Sonoma State University. Rohnert Park, CA
B.A., Business, 2003
MS-WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT.