A vice president of marketing has a great variety of functions that vary from making business strategies, managing and training employees to budgeting and public relations.
Whether it is from experience, education or both of them, a vice president of marketing must gather all abilities required for the job position. The responsibilities and expectations are many and the candidate has to be prepared for any demand on the improvement of the company. Knowledge in advertising is also required for the manager that will work with advertising agencies and coordinate the rates and schedule. They also research information that can be careful to devise different strategies.
The salaries are much higher than the average and the labour market is growing every year. A vice president of marketing resume is a document that must reflect not only the professional’s experience and knowledge but also his expectations and concerns about the development of the company.
823 Chesnut St.
Phoenix, AZ 85038
(620) 555 – 0237
A senior management position with a growth-oriented corporation where my knowledge and skills will have an immediate impact on corporate profits and productivity.
Unique blend of exceptional technical skills – hardware, software and networking – combined with solid business management experience and the vision to marry novel technologies with new market opportunities. More than fifteen years of management experience.
- Extensive experience in team building and negotiation. Able to motivate and move a group toward a consensus.
- Proficient with Windows 95/98/2000/NT operating systems. Also: Microsoft FrontPage, Microsoft Office, Adobe Products, PowerPoint, FoxPro, Novell 4.0, Corell Draw, and numerous other software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven history of solving complex operational problems.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills.
Delta Media Corporation, Phoenix, AZ
Vice President, Marketing, 2003 – Present
- Responsible for platform synergy on a corporate wide basis within domestic markets with emphasis on contacts within agency media environments.
- Functioned as liaison with International Vice President of Sales to enhance relationships in global markets when appropriate.
- Identified promotional opportunities that enhanced brand awareness and increased market share.
- Interfaced with MIS to develop technology enhancements to facilitate new markets and better serve existing client base.
- Provided Corporate Communications with forward looking projections to facilitate shareholder awareness.
- Designed and implemented sales incentive structure for corporate offices nationwide.
Sphiron Incorporated, New York, NY
Managing Director, 1995 – 2003
- Responsible for all corporate operations.
- Increased revenues from $1.2M in 1995 to $4.5 million in 1998.
- Exceeded all annual revenue and profit contribution goals.
- Built a 20 person multi-functional team (sales, technical support and administration) from the ground up.
New York University, New York, NY
New York University, New York, NY
B.A., Engineering, 1991
128 Charack Road
Bloomington, IN 47408
Twenty five years of Product Management and marketing experience. Responsible for optimizing the overall production of three companies.EXPERIENCE
Wernham Hogg Inc. 1999-present
President – Product Marketing & Product Management consulting firm
- Worked as the face and spokesperson of the company and created a system of marketing and production that optimized the company’s production to double the one that has before.
- Manage personally the department of production and engineering as well as the advertising and public relations.
McMahon and Tate, Inc. (acquired by Apple) 1997-1999
Director of Product Marketing/Product Management – Networking & Server
- Worked directly with the engineering department and managed employees. Managed press, advertising and events.
- As an Executive team member I have contracted strategic alliances that provided big benefits for the company.
- Delivered sales tools and devised training methods.
Chez Quis Corporation 1993-1997
Director – software Tools
- Full responsibility for the company’s development.
- Marketing and advertising director.
- In charge of a team of 30 senior marketing managers.
The New Firm, Inc. 1991-1995
Product Marketing Manager and public relations – Software
- Duties included research, public relations, and supervising advertisements. Created marketing strategies, and lead a marketing team of seven junior managers.
- Made a lot of customer research, and developed a communications plan for the internal communication of the company.
The Frying Dutchman Corporation 1989-1992
- Marketing Specialist and manager, Senior Technical Specialist – Software.
Taco Grande 1986-1989
- Marketing Representative – Fast food
B.A., Management Science 1985
Ivy Tech Community College
Minor in Computer Science.