I.A.F Airman Non-Technical Trades Exam is conducted by the Central Airmen Selection Board for recruiting personnel to the Non-Technical Trade categories of the Indian Air Force, the fourth largest air force in the world after the United States, Russia and China. Airman recruited under the non-technical trades are primarily responsible for providing assistance and support to the various functions of the Indian Air Force, ranging from weather forecasting to maintenance of records and files. These contributions are an integral part of the effective functioning of the Air Force and all its branches. The I.A.F Airman Non Technical Trades Exam is held twice a year as advertised in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar and other leading newspapers.
I.A.F Airman Non Technical Trades Jobs Available:
- Education Instructor
- Ground Training Instructor
- Air Field Safety Operator
- Telephonist / Radio / Telephone Operator
- Indian Air Force Police
- Clerk General Duties
- Equipment Assistant
- Clerk Pay Accounting
- Medical Assistants
- Mechanical Transport Drivers
- Aircraft Hands General Duties
- Catering Assistant
Eligibility Criteria for I.A.F Airman Non -Technical Trades Exam:
Unmarried Indian citizens (subjects of Nepal also) belonging to the age group of 16 to 19 years and who have passed the Matriculation / equivalent examination with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply for the I.A.F Airman Non Technical Trades Exam. Eligible candidates must apply to the President, Central Airmen Selection Board, Post Box No. 3004, New Delhi-110003 for registration.
Selection Procedure for I.A.F Airman Non Technical Trades Exam:
Selections for the I.A.F Airman Non-Technical Trades are made on the basis of a written test divided into three sections: English, Intelligence and General Knowledge. The examination is based on the CBSE (X / XII) curriculum. Questions in these tests will be of objective type and the candidates are required to qualify each part separately. Results of the Written Test will be declared on the same day after which the successful candidates will be asked to sit for a Trade Allocation Test.
Physical Standards for I.A.F Airman Non Technical Trades Exam:
- Minimum Height of the candidates must be 152.5 cm.
- Chest Measurement: On expansion, the candidate’s chest measurement should not be less than 75 cm with minimum range of expansion of 5 cm.
- Candidates must possess a weight corresponding to his height and age.
- Vision: At least 6/ 12 in each eye without glasses or 6/6 in better eye and 6/36 in the worse eye without glasses, correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses.
- Candidates must possess normal hearing.
- General Health: The candidate must be free from all communicable diseases and cardiovascular, medical or surgical deformities or infection.
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply as per the prescribed format published in the newspapers within the prescribed dates to register for the I.A.F Airman Non Technical Trades Exam. All applications must be sent through postal means only. Online applications are not accepted.
I.A.F Airman Non Technical Trades Exam,
Central Airmen Selection Board,
Post Box No. 11807,