I.A.F Airman Technical Trades Exam is conducted by the Central Airmen Selection Board for recruiting personnel to the Technical Trade categories of the Indian Air Force, the fourth largest air force in the world after the United States, Russia and China. Airman recruited under the technical trades is primarily responsible for maintenance and testing of aircraft and flying related equipment, maintenance and overhaul of ground equipment and armament. The I.A.F Airman Technical Trades Exam is held twice a year as advertised in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar and other leading newspapers.
Jobs Available under the I.A.F Airman Technical Trades
- Radio Fitter
- Radar Fitter
- Missile Fitter (E)
- Missile Fitter (L)
- Missile Fitter (M)
- Workshop Fitter (B)
- Workshop Fitter (C)
- Instrument Fitter
- Electrical Fitter
- Airframe Fitter
- Plant Maintenance Fitter (E)
- Plant Maintenance Fitter (M)
- Engine Fitter
- Weapon Fitter
- Radio Fitter
- Photo Technicial
- Safety Equipment Worker
- Mechanical Transport Technician
- Air Defense System Operator
- Radio Technician
- Meteorological Assistant
Eligibility Criteria for I.A.F Airman Technical Trades Exam:
Unmarried Indian citizens belonging to the age group of 16 to 19 years and who have passed the Matriculation / equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply for the I.A.F Airman Technical Trades Exam. Candidates who have passed Intermediate / l0 + 2/ equivalent examination with Mathematics, English and Physics (50% marks); or have a Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/ Automobile/Computer Science & Instrumentation Technology – 3 years) from a recognized Polytechnic/ Engineering College with 50% marks are also eligible. For such candidates, the upper age limit will be relaxable by two years. Eligible candidates must apply to the President, Central Airmen Selection Board, Post Box No. 3004, New Delhi-110003 for registration.
Selection Procedure for I.A.F Airman Technical Trades Exam:
Selections for the I.A.F Airman Technical Trades are made on the basis of a written test divided into four sections: English, Intelligence, Mathematics and Science, and General Knowledge. The examination is based on the CBSE (X / XII) curriculum. Questions in these tests will be of objective type and the candidates are required to qualify each part separately. Results of the Written Test are declared on the same day after which the successful candidates are subjected to the Medical Examination the following working day.
Physical Standards for I.A.F Airman Technical Trades Exam:
- Minimum Height of the candidates must be 152.5 cm.
- Chest Measurement: On expansion, the candidate’s chest measurement should not be less than 75 cm with minimum range of expansion of 5 cm.
- Candidates must possess a weight corresponding to his height and age.
- Vision: At least 6/ 12 in each eye without glasses or 6/6 in better eye and 6/36 in the worse eye without glasses, correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses.
- Candidates must possess normal hearing.
- General Health: The candidate must be free of all communicable diseases and cardiovascular, medical or surgical deformities or infection.
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply as per the prescribed format published in the newspapers within the prescribed dates to register for the I.A.F Airman Technical Trades Exam. All applications must be sent through postal means only. Online applications are not accepted.
I.A.F Airman Technical Trades Exam,
Central Airmen Selection Board,
Post Box No. 11807,