The primary aim of the Indian Navy is to work in conjunction with other armed forces of the nation, acting to deter or defeat any threats or aggression against the territory, people or maritime interests of India, both in war and peace.
Application Details of the Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam:
Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam is held twice a year, generally in the months of July and December. Applications for the exam are invited through advertisements published in the Employment News and other leading newspapers. Interested candidates are required to submit their applications handwritten/ typed in the prescribed Proforma published in the Employment News to the nearest Zonal Recruitment Offices by the prescribed date.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam:
Unmarried male Indian citizens belonging to the age group of 15 to 18 years and who have passed the Matriculation / equivalent examination preferably with Science and Mathematics with at least 60% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply for the Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam. Candidates with less than 60% marks in Matriculation / equivalent examination will be eligible only if they have secured 55% or more marks in aggregate in a higher board examination with Science and Mathematics.
Physical Standards for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam:
- Minimum Height of the candidates must be 157 cm.
- Chest Measurement: Candidates should have a well-developed chest with minimum range of expansion of 5 cm.
- Weight: Candidates must have a weight proportionate to their height and age.
- Vision: Without glasses 6/12 and with glasses one eye 6/9 and other 6/12. Color Perception: CP II.
- General Health: The candidate must have good mental and physical health, free of all communicable diseases and cardiovascular, medical or surgical deformities or infection. No history of fits or psychiatric ailment will be allowed.
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam:
Selections for the Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam are made on the basis of a written test divided into four sections: Science, Mathematics, English and General Knowledge. Questions in these tests will be of Objective Type and bilingual, i.e., in Hindi and English. The Test is of 75 minutes duration and the questions asked will be of the Matriculation standard.
The written test will be followed by a Physical Fitness Test comprising of a one mile (1.6 km) run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak-Baithak) and 10 push-ups.
Based on their performance in the Written Examination and the Physical Fitness Test, candidates will be selected for enrollment as Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices.