The Department of social work, University of Delhi (formerly known as Delhi School of Social Work) is the second Institute of social work established in India. It was founded as the National YWCA School of Social Work at Lucknow in August 1946 under the auspices of the National YMCA of India, Burma and Ceylon. In 1948 it was shifted to Delhi and was managed by Delhi School of Social Work Society. In April 1961 it became a constituent college to University of Delhi and in 1979 it became a full-fledged Department under the Faculty of Social Sciences. In recognition of its contributions to social work education and practice, the University Grants Commission recognized it as a Department of Special Assistance in 1992.Later on, UGC supported Department under ASHISH programme. In 2008, National AIDS Control Organisation established State training and Resource center for capacity building of targeted intervention in the state of Delhi.
University of Delhi, 3, University Road , New Delhi – 110007