Teaching at VIT university is structured around nine schools of study. A student should register in one of the schools, depending on the degree/programme he/she is interested in pursuing. Research centers are also part of the schools, encouraging inter-departmental collaboration and opportunity for students to participate in exciting research projects. The university offers 17 Undergraduate and 32 Postgraduate programmes. In addition to full-time/part-time Ph.D., M.S.(BY RESEARCH) Degrees in Engineering and Management Disciplines, Ph.D., M.Phil in Sciences and Languages, Integrated Ph.D. programmes also offered for engineering disciplines in selected schools.
B.TECH. DEGREE PROGRAMME
Admission to B.Tech. Degree Programme is based on VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) conducted all over India.
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB)
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST and Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh
- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Biotechnology & Biomedical Engineering programmes
Procedure of admission
- Advertisement given regarding issue of application forms, important dates etc., in all leading newspapers all over India and notified in the VIT website.
- Applications can be obtained from selected Post Offices / may be obtained by post from VIT.
- Entrance exam conducted in major cities all over India.
- Publication of results in leading websites.
- Call for counselling in batches and allotment of branches on the basis of the rank.