FMS Delhi conducts a separate examination on an all India basis for enrolling students. FMS 2012 entrance exam would be valid only for FMS Delhi 2012 admissions and not for any other institute. FMS Delhi is the first management school in India to offer management guidance to professional managers through its part time MBA program.
* Candidates applying to the programmes are required to visit FMS website (www.fms.edu) and apply online. Applications will be received only through the online registration process.
* Announcement in major National English Dailies:to be announced
* Online registration opens on to be announced
* FMS Admissions Office will begin despatching the Entrance Test Admit Cards for MBA (FT) and PhD candidates from the to be announced, and for MBA (PT) and MBA (PT) HCA candidates from the to be announced.
* All candidates applying to any of the FMS programmes are required to send back the acknowledgement form to FMS Office on or before to be announced
* Admission Test for MBA (FT) and PhD to be announced
* Admission Test for MBA (PT) and MBA (PT) HCA to be announced
Each student comes to FMS with unique professional and personal reasons for pursuing a masters degree in business administration. You have two years to explore, to be bold, creative and learn as much as you can. The curriculum includes a range of courses that take advantage of new teaching methods and the reinforcement of basic skills and concepts. The first year comprises of core subjects. In the second year you take a decision to specialize in a particular discipline like Finance, Marketing or Systems. You can even decide upon a general management degree.
The intake of this programme for 2012 is 226 participants .
1. Candidates applying for admission to the first year of MBA (Full-Time) Programme must have pursued at least a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree Programme after 12 years of formal schooling in any of the following disciplines. The minimum requisite percentage of marks in different disciplines is as follows :-
* Arts, Commerce or Social Sciences – 50%
* Sciences – 55%
* Mathematics or Statistics – 60%
* Medicine, Engineering or Technology – 60% / CGPA of at least 6.00 in a scale of 10.00
* Post Graduate Degree or 2nd Degree examination after 10+2+3 scheme, securing at least 60% marks.
Note : Candidates appearing for the final examination of Bachelor’s / Post Graduate Degree examinations may also apply.
2. There is no reservation whatsoever for the graduates of Delhi university or the residents of Delhi.
Applications for admission to various programmes are invited through advertisements in major national newspapers in September/October every year. Application forms are distributed to interested candidates on payment of the application fees. The filled-in application forms are to be sent to the Administrative Officer, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 for further processing. Eligible candidates are be called for a written test and/or an interview.
The eligible applicants will be called for a written test, and on the basis of their performance in the test, they will be called for an interview, an ex-tempore and a group discussion. The candidates will be required to produce their original certificates and mark-sheets at the time of the interview. The final list of candidates selected to the program will be announced after conducting all the interviews.
Selection Process and Dates
The selection process and dates for admission to the FMS courses are given below:
The dates and timelines mentioned below are from the admission process of the last academic cycle, the actual dates and schedule may vary from year to year
MBA- Full Time Course
Selection to the FMS MBA FT course is done through a written exam which is usually held in the first week of December. Shortlisted candidates are then called for a Group discussion and Personal interview round. The final selection is based on the cumulative performance of the candidate in the written exam as well as the group discussion and personal interview round.
Timelines for MBA-FT
The timelines mentioned are indicative and not the exact dates
December First Week – Written Exam
January First week – Announcement of Candidates shortlisted for GD + PI round
March Second Week – Group Discussion and Personal Interview Round for shortlisted candidates
Announcement of Final Results
July First Week – Commencement of Course
MBA- Part Time and MBA-HCA Course
Selection to the MBA PT and MBA HCA course is done through a written exam which is usually held in the third week of January. Shortlisted candidates are then called for Personal interview round, following which the final results re declared.
Timelines for MBA-PT and MBA-HCA
January Third Week – Written Exam
February Second week – Announcement of Candidates shortlisted PI round.