Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is established by the Government of NCT of Delhi under the provisions of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Act, 1998. The only medical college affiliated to the varsity is the Vardhman Mahavir Medical College which was established at Safdarjang Hospital by the Government of India in November, 2001. The college is functioning from the campus of Safdarjang Hospital and is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. The college offers MBBS program to 100 students who are selected through a common entrance test conducted by the university.
Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are not eligible.
Candidate seeking admission into IP University must not be more than 21 years of age in the year of entrance examination
Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of the recognized University/Board of any Indian State with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% in case of SC/ST candidates).
The Common Entrance Test CET- MBBS is of 3-hour duration and will have one Question Paper in English medium. This Question Paper shall have 200 objective type (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology. There will be four alternative answers to each question. Out of these, only one correct or most appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet. Each question shall carry 3 marks, which shall be awarded for each correct answer.
There will be negative marking for incorrect answers. Incorrect answers will include both the ‘wrong answers’ as well as ‘more than one answer to a question’. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of Qs||Marks|
The standard of questions will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. Syllabi for Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) shall be as specified by CBSE for class 11th and 12th under 10+2 scheme.
GGSIP University – MBBS Exam Dates & Centres
For tentative dates for MBBS entrance exam in GGSIP University and list of examination centres, read below:
Commencement of Sale of Admission Brochure-IV alongwith Application Form from the designated branches of Indian Bank : 20.01.2012 Last date for receipt of request in the University for sending the Admission Brochure-IV alongwith the Application Form by Registered Post/Speed Post : 26.03.2012
- Last date for receipt of completed Application Form in the University : 16.04.2012
- Display of allotted Roll Numbers and Centres of CET : MBBS – 2012 on the University Website (www.ipu.ac.in) : 24.04.2012
- Date & Time of Common Entrance Test – Code 103 [CET : MBBS – 2012] (Stage-I) : 12.05.2012, 2 pm – 5 pm
- Date of declaration of Result of CET : MBBS – 2012 (Stage-I) on the University Website (www.ipu.ac.in) : 22.05.2012
- Declaration of Test Centres for Stage-II on University Website (www.ipu.ac.in) : 29.05.2012
- Date & Time of Common Entrance Test – Code 103 [CET : MBBS – 2012] (Stage-II) 03.06.2012,2 pm – 5 pm
- Date of declaration of Result of CET : MBBS – 2012 (Stage-II) on the University Website (www.ipu.ac.in) : 12.06.2012
- Display of detailed Schedule of 1st Counselling on University Website (www.ipu.ac.in) : 28.06.2012
- Date of First Counselling for Admission to be held in the University Campus : 11.07.2012
- Last Date of withdrawal : 03.08.2012
Display of detailed Schedule of 2nd Counselling on University Website (www.ipu.ac.in) : 13.08.2012 Date of Second Counselling for Admission to be held in the University Campus 22.08.2012 Commencement of the Academic Session : 01.08.2012
Out of the total 100 seats, 75 seats are filled on the basis of the Common Entrance Test –conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. 15 seats are filled up through CBSE and remaining 10 seats through Central Pool of Allocation. Out of the 75 seats to be filled on the basis of CET, 50 seats are earmarked for students from Delhi Region and the remaining 25 seats will be filled on All India Region basis
Note: However, there may be changes depending upon reservation policy of the Govt. of India, which shall be notified on the university website www.ipu.ac.in before start of counseling/admissions.