The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
Eligibility for NATA 2014: Candidates having 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subject, only are eligible for admission to B.Arch.Course.No direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification. NATA score shall be valid for a period of two years from the year in which one appeared.
Who should take NATA 2014 and Why?
Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
Where to appear for NATA? NATA is offered over major part of admission season at designated Test Centers located at colleges / schools of architecture in India.
How to Register for NATA 2014 :
NATA 2014 Registration Form can be filled and submitted online at website http://www.nata.in by paying fees of Rs. 1000.00 either through credit card / debit card / net banking or the candidate can generate the challan for depositing the payment through cash in any of the branches of the ICICI Bank all over India.
The candidate shall be required to pay additional charges as “processing charges” to the Bank for the following:-
Domestic Credit Card:- 1.25% of the NATA Fee plus service tax as applicable
Domestic Debit Card:- 0.75% of the NATA Fees plus service tax as applicable
Domestic Multiple Bank Net Banking Payment Gateway:- Rs.15 per transaction
Collection through PAN India ICICI Branches in cash (through challan):- Rs.30 per transaction
NATA 2014 – Registration Process :
1. Candidate can apply for registration for NATA 2014 online at website http://www.nata.in by paying fees of Rs.1000.00 either through credit cards / debit cards / netbanking or can generate the challan for depositing the fees by way of cash in any of the branch of the ICICI Bank Ltd. all over India (processing charges extra).
2. Identify a Test Center (from the website http://www.nata.in) at a location convenient to the candidate.
3. Approach the Test Center with the printout of the online form filled along with required documents and proof for the payment made.
4. Select convenient date for appearing for the NATA.
5. Request Test Center to register the candidate on the selected date.
6. Procure Receipt cum Appointment voucher from the Test Center.
7. Appear for NATA on the registered date.
NATA EXAM SCHEDULE :-
Nata Test shall be conducted in two Phases i.e. Phase – I from 14.03.2014 to 25.05.2014 and Phase – II from 01.06.2014 to 31.08.2014 and can be given during this period on any working day except national holidays at designated Test Centers. Please check with the center before you go for appointment for Test.
Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
for NATA sample papers