Applications are invited from unmarried Indian citizens (Men & Women) for Short Service Commission (SSC) as PILOT/ OBSERVER in the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jun 2012 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala.
Age: 19 to 23 years born between 02 Jul 1989 and 01 Jul 1 993; both dates inclusive.
A graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks. Should have qualified Mathematics & Physics at 10+2 level.
The gender requirement is as follows-
OBSERVER: Men & women
Note:-(1) Candidates who have not completed their Degree (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply.
(2) Candidate with any backlog in graduation is not eligible.
(1) Height & Weight: Minimum height for men 162.5 cms and for women 152 cm with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
(2) Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6. Should not be colour/night blind.
Note:- There will be no relaxation in Physical Standards.
How To Apply
Candidates have to submit application ONLINE only for this entry. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidates will result in cancellation of his / her candidature. The candidates applying online (e-application) can do so from 5th October, 2011. The online application registration will cease on 31st October, 2011.
Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:
(1) Correct filling up of personal particulars, details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
(2) Fields such as e-mail address, Mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
Filling up of e-application For filling up application Online visit our website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in and proceed as follows:-
(a) Click in the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
(b) Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
(c) Before Clicking the Submit button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections alter saving the record.
(d) After submitting the form, a ‘Roll Number’ will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. This Roll Number will automatically appear on the printout of the form. If the system does not generate the Roll Number, it is an indication of non- acceptance of Application by the system.
(e) You are to take the printout of the online application form with system generated Roll Number and produce it at the time of SSB (If short-listed). Your application is subject to the scrutiny at SSB and can be rejected if found ineligible at any point of time.
Last date for receipt of form: 31 October 2011
(1) Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their performance in educational qualification, if a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to short- list applications and to fix out off percentage No communication will be entertained on this account.
(2) SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from March to June 2012 at Bangalore.
(3) The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of stage l (Day one) and stage II (Four days) Stage I Tests, consist of intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and interview. Successful candidates will undergo the following:
(i) For Pilot – PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Tests) followed by Aviation Medical examination.
(ii) For Observer – Aviation Medical examination
(4) Candidates recommended by the SSBs, cleared PABT (for Pilot Entry) and declared medically fit will be appoints for training based on merit list and depending on the number of vacancies available.
(5) Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible.
(6) Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (QI&R), Room No 204, ‘C’ Wing Sena Bhawan, IHQ-MoD (N), New Delhi- 110011 (Fax no: 011 – 23011282).
(7) No compensation will be paid in respect of any sustained as a result of tests.